Reinventing your career in the time of Covid-19
One of our International level Sportsmen had depicted that during Covid-19 days, his lifestyle had changed utterly from tight schedule; Morning became bedtime stories & night spent on high-level-Adrenalin-rushed Video gaming .
- Right moves vs Wrong moves - Worries on current job security , uninvited Financial instability challenges us psychologically and our psyche takes a shape where we start doubting ourselves and then right moves pinpoints wrong moves and vice versa ; And the dilemma continues
- Understanding the supremely talented version of “ ME “ - This is crucial and It starts with Who am I? Where I want to see myself ? Who do I want to become? Where can I best contribute? We learn who we want to become by testing the reality, fantasy and most importantly, by doing.
- Create multiple & different versions of “ ME ” - To Segregate , finetune and differentiate the Best version of “ME” ; Understand the current market trends and check available Job roles; Machine learning & AI , Analytics have been implemented in every work; Hence any job which are not adding to these technologies ,are definitely at high risk ; Similarly we need to embrace the virtual work or remote work which have seen sharp rise in recent days. Another interesting area are Cloud & Devops and Cyber security; which has humongous potential & numerous opportunities.
- Now this should follow the next step which is "ME" version undergoes reality check to generate feedback from close peers and Mentors , Career guides , Industry colleagues and Ex-bosses and where we can get more constructive & creative feedback to improve our learning and performance.
- Time Spent Patterns – Once you have decided & have clarity of the better version of me, you can invest time based on your requirements; Create visibilities in Social networking platforms & showcase your views; network with industry friends & hiring Managers & Hiring leaders. (See this to know better - Get Noticed by Hiring Managers, Recruiters During Your Industrial Job Search with These 3 Steps)
- Rebuild our connections – helps a lot when we share & capture their view as they say that 20% comes from interacting with fellow employees , ex colleagues (networking and informal conversations as per 70-20-10 principle of learning)
- Built the right competence - After going through the process and Speaking to your mentors or a career coach (or others who’s worthy to provide right advise ) , select the area to work on , zero on the methods and tools to build competence one at a time. Today, we get to see the role of Analytics is coming up in a bigger way; Analytics in Supply-chain, HR, Marketing, Operations and many more; as Data Visualisation & Data Story telling skills has increased the demand.(check our Data story telling workshop )
Over all, when it comes to reinventing your career especially during crisis, We need to remember that Time & Patience; are the key factors which will drive us to get a final Job that we are craving for.
You can also check many of our workshops (which are as per the market trends) @ www.consultkpi.com or write us to firstname.lastname@example.org